What are Spine Injuries?
Spinal Injuries is a spinal cord disorder. It is an exceptionally traumatic form of physical damage that is expected to have a permanent and significant effect on most facets of everyday life. Sending signals from the brain to all areas of the body is the responsibility of the spinal cord. Due to signals transmitted by the spinal cord, we can feel pain and move our limbs. If an injury is caused in the spinal cord, these signals will not be able to “get through.”
What are the signs of Spine Injuries?
Any signs of an injury to the spinal cord include:
- Getting difficulty walking
- Loss in bladder or bowel function
- Failure to move your arms or legs
- Sensations of spreading numbness or tingling in the limbs
- Unconscious, Headaches
- In the back or neck section, discomfort, strain, and stiffness
Diagnosis of spinal injury
Diagnostic methods used for spinal injury include:
- Scans by CT
- With MRIs
- The spinal x-rays
Causes of spinal cord injury
- Accidents concerning passenger vehicles: The main cause of spinal cord injury is car and vehicle collisions.
- Diseases: Spinal cord damage can also be caused by cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis, and spinal cord swelling.
- Injuries of sports: Athletic practices involve approximately 10 percent of spinal cord injuries, such as impact sports and swimming in shallow water.
For spinal cord-related injuries consult Dr. Hompriya Issar, Neurosurgeon Consultant in Noida or Greater Noida where he provides proper guidance and treatment for neuro and spine surgery.