What is Hydrocephalus?
Hydrocephalus, also known as brain water, is a disease where the ventricles of the brain have an excessive build-up of CSF (cerebrospinal fluid). Hydrocephalus may occur at any age, but in children and adults 60 and over, it occurs more commonly. Hydrocephalus surgical surgery can recover and retain normal levels of cerebrospinal fluid in the brain.
Symptoms of Hydrocephalus
- Loss of coordination
- Impoverished appetite
- Incontinence of urine
- Impoverished feeding
- Muscle tone deficits and capacity etc.
Risk factors of Hydrocephalus
- An irregular central nervous system formation that can block cerebrospinal fluid flow.
- Bleeding within the ventricles, a potential early birth complication.
- Brain or spinal cord lesions or cancers.
- Infections in the central nervous system, including bacterial meningitis or mumps
Treatment for Hydrocephalus
To treat symptoms or physical impairments arising from hydrocephalus, several different treatments are needed.
- Lumbar puncture: This extracts some of the cerebrospinal fluid from the spine’s base.
- Shunt: It is the insertion of a drainage device through surgical means.
- Ventriculostomy: In this procedure, the surgeon creates a cut in a ventricle’s bottom such that the extra fluid passes to the brain’s foundation.
The Reports of hydrocephalus depends on the cause, the severity of the symptoms, and the timeliness of the medication and diagnosis. Some patients recover early whereas some take much time.
If you have any concerns about hydrocephalus, speak to the best Neurosurgeon in Noida, Dr. Hompriya Issar.
Manage Health Services When in Emergency
Our Clinic has grown to provide a world class facility for the treatment of tooth loss, dental cosmetics and bore advanced.